Halibut Baked in Macadamia Nuts with Coconut Curry & Mango Chutney
Ingredients for Halibut in Macademia Nuts
1 lb. fresh halibut, cut into 4 oz. fillets
1 lb. ground roasted no salt macadamia nuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 tbs. water
⅓ tsp cayenne
4 tbs clarified butter
flour for breading
3 cups coconut milk
4 tbs red curry paste
1 cup mango chutney
Method for Halibut in Macademia Nuts
• Preheat oven to 375º.
• Dredge the halibut fillets in flour, shaking off the excess.
• Add cayenne to the beaten eggs, and dip fillets in egg mixture. Roll in ground macadamia nuts, and place on a greased cookie sheet or on a sheet covered with parchment.
• Pour 1 tablespoons of clarified butter over each fillet and bake 10-15 minutes, or until fish are just done.
• While fish is cooking prepare curry sauce. Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a heavy sauce pan. Add 3 tablespoons of curry paste and cook 1 minute. Add coconut milk and bring to boil.
• Allow to reduce by half. Keep warm.
• To serve divide the sauce onto heated plates
• Place fish on top and garnish each piece with a spoonful of mango chutney.
627 West 3rd, Anchorage, AK, 99501
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL