Riverboat Barbeque Shrimp & Grits
Ingredients for Barbeque Shrimp and Grits
1 lb (16-20) Shrimp, peeled, deveined & tail off
1 qt Water
1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 cup Grits
2 Eggs, beaten
1/4 lb Butter
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Garlic & Cayenne Pepper to taste
diced Peppers, garnish
Method for Riverboat Barbeque Shrimp and Grits
• Marinate shrimp overnight in your favorite barbeque sauce.
• Bring water, kosher salt, butter, garlic and cayenne pepper to a boil. Add grits.
• Stir 1 cup of hot grits into beaten eggs to temper. Stir egg and grit mixture into the rest of the grits.
• Add shredded cheddar cheese and cook to desired thickness.
• Pour hot grits into a sheet pan to about 3/8” thickness. Smooth surface with a spatula and refrigerate overnight.
• Cut chilled grit cake with 1 3/4 - 2 inch muffin cutter and place on greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
• Grill shrimp and place on top of grit cake. Drizzle with barbeque sauce and garnish with diced peppers.
• Use fingers to eat and ENJOY!
9 East River Street, Savannah, GA, 31412
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL