Root Vegetable Lasagna
Root Vegetable Lasagna
6 oz Butter
6 oz Flour
½ cup Shallots, diced
5 cups Milk
¼ tsp Thyme
Salt & pepper
6 large Parsnips
4 large Turnips
5 Lasagna Sheets
4 cups Ricotta Cheese
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
Method for Root Vegetable Lasagna
• Béchamel sauce: melt butter in sauce pan add shallots and cook till soft; add thyme, then flour to make a roué, cook for a few minutes then add milk stirring to prevent lumps. Cook till thick (if too thick add more milk), season with a pinch of nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
• For lasagna prepare a 9 x 13 pan with pan spray or olive oil and preheat oven to 350°.
• Peel and thinly slice all vegetables.
• Mix ricotta with 1 tablespoon garlic, salt and pepper.
• Begin to assemble the lasagna by putting one of the lasagna sheets down in the pan then a layer of ricotta cheese mixture (aprox. ½ cup) then a layer of parsnips, carrots, rutabaga, and turnips sprinkle with salt and pepper; pour a small amount of béchamel sauce over and parmesan cheese.
• Then repeat layers ending with pasta; pour béchamel sauce over top and parmesan cheese.
• Cover and bake in oven till vegetables are easily pierced with a knife (aprox. 45 minutes to a hour.) remove cover and let brown on top.
• Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
• Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to one pan and heat until smoking.
• Add the veal to the pan and sauté on all sides until browned about 3-4 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon of the butter.
• Place the veal in the oven for 7-9 minutes or to desired doneness, adding the rosemary to the pan the last minute of cooking.
• Remove from the pan and hold on the side. Discard all cooking fat from the pan. Keep the rosemary as a garnish.
• Add shallots to sauté pan and sauté 30 seconds.
• Add the demi glace and lightly simmer for a minute.
• Finish the sauce by adding the remaining butter, turning off the heat.
• To serve, add the spinach to the potato salad and gently fold in, placing a portion onto each plate.
• Next lean a veal chop over potato salad or another side, place a couple dollops of mustard dressing on each plate, drizzle some of the sauce over the veal chop, garnish with a rosemary sprig.
• Serve and enjoy.
5921 W.Vliet St., Milwaukee, WI, 53208
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL