Ingredients for Cioppino
2 oz Garlic, sliced or crushed (your choice)
8 oz Fish, diced (firm texture, like swordfish)
12 small Clams (manila or button) rinsed & cleaned
12 Mussels, rinsed & cleaned
8 Shrimp, 16/20
8 small Scallops, (10/20)
4 oz Calamari, cleaned & sliced
1 cup White Wine
6 oz Tomato Sauce (prepared store-bought is fine)
½ cup White Onions, julienne cut & sautéed
1 cup Red Potato, cut into cubes & boiled
2 oz Parsley, chopped
8 oz Shellfish Stock
1 loaf Baguette
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Method for Cioppino
• In a large stock pot, sauté the fish and garlic with olive oil to coat.
• Sear the fish on all sides, and then add the shrimp and scallops. Sautée briefly (2-3 minutes).
• Add the mussels, clams, and calamari.
• Add the white wine, and let the alcohol cook out.
• Once the white wine has reduced to half, add the tomato sauce; adjust the consistency by adding the stock to it (you might not need all the stock).
• Add the diced red potato.
• Season the dish as you go, layering in salt and pepper.
• Add the onions, reduce to gentle simmer.
• Cut baguette into large pieces (for dipping).
• Finish this dish with the parsley.
• Serve in a large pasta bowl.
550 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI, 53202
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL