Cru’s Famous Four Cheese Macaroni
Ingredients for Cru’s Famous Four Cheese Macaroni
2 qt Heavy Cream, reduced in 1/2
1 lb Pasta (we use orecchiette)
1 cup Pepper Jack, hand-grated
1 cup Aged Cheddar, hand-grated
1 cup Fontina, hand-grated
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, hand-grated
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Ingredients for Extra Cheese
1/2 cup Pepper Jack, hand-grated
1/2 cup Aged Cheddar, hand-grated
1/2 cup Fontina, hand-grated
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, hand-grated
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Method for Cru’s Famous Four Cheese Macaroni
• Reduce cream in half in a medium size sauce pan.
• Cook the pasta in salted water, al dente. Cool down rapidly in cold water, then drain all excess water.
• Coat the pasta lightly in olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
• Grate all the cheeses by hand keeping them separate. It is important to grate all the cheese by hand. Pre bought grated cheese tends to have corn starch added to the cheese. This will change the texture of your final product.
• When the cream is reduced, whisk in the cheeses (all one cup cheeses), under a low heat until fully melted. Set aside off the heat.
• Add together, in a big mixing bowl, the rest of the cheese (all 1/2 cup cheeses), pasta and cheese sauce.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Mix very well without breaking up the pasta.
• Add the mixture to a casserole pan and bake at 375 degrees until lightly brown on top.
18 Pinckney Street, Charleston, SC, 29401
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL