Garbonzo con Espinaca
Ingredients for Garbonzo con Espinaca
2Qt Chickpeas, soaked simmered peeled
1ea Red onion, chopped
10 ea Plum Tomato, halved
2T Oil, vegetable
3ea Garlic, cloves
8oz Spinach, baby, picked
4T Garlic, minced
2C Chicken Stock
1ea Baguette, sliced thin rounds
2T Paprika, smoked sweet
EVOO to taste
Salt to taste
Method for Garbonzo con Espinaca
• Preheat oven to 450F.
• Rough chop onion and halve all plum tomatoes.
• Spread on oiled sheet tray and salt well.
• Roast for 30 min.
• Add Garlic cloves and continue to roast for 30 more min.
• Roast until all have good caramel color on edges.
• In a blender, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves and 1.5 Qt chickpeas until smooth, add chicken stock as needed. (Mixture should be thick batter like.)
• Pour puree into a pot bring to a simmer and season with salt.
• Pick all stems from baby spinach, hold.
• Pan fry 1/3 C simmered peeled chickpeas until light and crisp, drain and immediately dust with salt hold.
• Heat cazuela dry until med-high.
• Add 1/2t minced garlic, 1T EVOO, cook until garlic whitens about 1min.
• Add 10-12 leaves picked baby spinach and sweat slightly, add 2T simmered peeled chickpeas and pinch of salt, add chickpea puree to fill ¾ the cazuela.
• Turn spinach and simmered chickpeas to mix evenly, bring to a strong simmer and salt to taste.
• Remove from heat place hot cazuela on serving platter garnish with fried chickpeas dusted in salt and 3 slices of toasted baguette drizzled with EVOO.
110 North Wayne Avenue, Wayne, PA, 19087
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL