Harissa Glazed Hawaiian Sea Bass
Ingredients for Harissa Glazed Hawaiian Sea Bass
2 ea shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 Tablespoon honey
1/4 cup harissa paste*
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
3 cloves garlic
Method for Harissa Glazed Hawaiian Sea Bass
• Process all of the ingredients smooth in a blender or food processor.
• Place the fish in a shallow dish and cover with the purée, turning the pieces so all of the surfaces are coated well with the mixture. Cover the dish with plastic film and allow the fish to marinate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
• When ready to cook, pre-heat a broiler. Place the fish on a foil lined cookie sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Pour any residual marinade over the top of the fish and smooth out with a small spatula to evenly distribute the glaze.
• Place the tray of fish in the middle of the oven under the broiler, allowing for at least 6” of space between the top of the fish and the heat element.
• Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the fish is just ready to flake part and the Harissa has caramelized to glazed the fish nicely.
• In the restaurant, we garnish this dish with ingredients that follow suit with the Moroccan theme inherent in the Harissa such as spiced couscous and candied figs. This fish preparation would do equally as nicely with simple steamed rice, chickpea salad, or tabbouleh.
*harissa paste can be purchased in many middle eastern or international markets.
It is generally quite spicy but the intensity of the heat does vary from brand to brand so feel free to either reduce or increase the amount according to your personal taste preference.
717 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19106
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL