Hundred Corners Crab Cake
Yields: 48 Appetizer-size Pieces
Ingredients for Hundred Corners Crab Cake
3/4 lb Fresh Crabmeat
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup Fresh Water Chestnuts, finely chopped
6 cups White Bread, cut into cubes with crust removed (approx. 12 slices)
4 tbsp Scallions, white part, finely chopped
1 tbsp Minced Ginger
3 tbsp Gin
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
2 Egg Whites
2 tsp Unsalted Butter
1/3 tsp Sugar
dash White Pepper
3 qts Corn Oil for deep-frying
Method for Hundred Corners Crab Cake
• Dry shrimp with a towel and purée the shrimp.
• Combine salt, sugar, white pepper, gin, egg whites, scallion and ginger to shrimp purée; mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Incorporate heavy cream and butter; mix thoroughly.
• Fold in fresh crabmeat; divide mixture into 48 balls.
• Cover each ball with the bread cubes and press gently to form small cakes. Cakes can be refrigerated until ready to deep-fry.
• Deep-fry in 325-degree-F corn oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the cakes are golden brown.
• Remove and place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
• Serve with tomato ginger sauce.
1051 Conestoga Road, Bryn Mawr, PA, 19010
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL