Chilled White Asparagus Soup with Blue Crab
Ingredients for Chilled White Asparagus Soup with Blue Crab
3 bunches White Asparagus, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
3 Shallots, peeled and sliced
2 cups Dry White Wine
3 qt Chicken Stock
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Method for Chilled White Asparagus Soup with Blue Crab
• In a large soup pot add vegetable oil and place on the burner over a medium heat.
Sweat the shallots until they start to turn translucent.
• Add the white asparagus to the pan and continue to cook for about five minutes without getting any color on the shallots or the asparagus.
You can adjust heat accordingly.
• Pour in the white wine and simmer until the pan is almost dry.
• Add the chicken stock and bring it up to a boil.
• After your chicken stock comes to a boil reduce
the heat to low and simmer for a half an hour.
• Next put the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
• Pass the blended mixture through a fine mesh strainer and then season with salt and pepper and chill.
• Garnish with blue crab, shaved green asparagus, sorrel, and pancetta.
100 Old Gulph Rd., Gulph Mills, PA, 19428
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL