Chicken in Red Wine (Coq au Vin)
Ingredients for Chicken in Red Wine
2 packages of Whole Chicken, broken down,
(reserve breast for another use)
3 Carrots, peeled & cut into 1” slices
3 stalks Celery, cut into 1” slices
2 Onions, diced large
12 cloves Garlic, peeled & smashed
6 sprigs fresh Thyme
2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
2 Bay Leaves
1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
2 qt Red Wine
1 qt Chicken Stock
1 qt Veal Stock
2 cup Seasoned Flour (Kosher Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper)
1 lb Baby Carrots, cleaned
1 package Button Mushrooms
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
Caramelized Cippolini Onions
Method for Chicken in Red Wine
• Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
• Dust with seasoned flour.
• In a large sauté pan, heat enough vegetable oil to just coat the bottom of the pan.
• Sear chicken pieces (skin side down) until golden brown, about 7-9 minutes on both sides.
• Remove from pan and place in a deep pan.
• Sauté the vegetables until slightly colored. Add more oil if needed. Remove the pan from the flame and deglaze with red wine.
• Cook until most of the alcohol has burned off and is reduced slightly. Pour over the chicken in a crock pot.
• Add the thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
• Add the chicken stock and veal stock, then cover.
• Set the crock pot on low for 4 hours or until the chicken is fall off the bone tender.
24 Public Square, Cleveland, OH, 44013
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL