The Legendary Hot Brown
Ingredients for Hot Brown
2 oz. Whole Butter
2 oz. All Purpose Flour
16 oz. Heavy Cream
½ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, & 1 tbsp for Garnish
Salt & Pepper to Taste
14 oz. Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast
2 slices Texas Toast (Crust Trimmed)
4 slices Crispy Bacon
2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced in half
Method for Hot Brown
• In a two-quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour until combined and forms a thick paste (roux).
• Continue to cook roux for two minutes over mediumlow heat, stirring frequently.
• Whisk heavy cream into the roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer, about 2-3 minutes.
• Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in Pecorino Romano cheese until the Mornay sauce is smooth.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• For each Hot Brown, place one slice of toast in an oven safe dish and cover with 7 ounces of turkey.
• Take the two halves of Roma tomato and set them alongside the base of turkey and toast.
• Next, pour one half of the Mornay sauce to completely cover the dish.
• Sprinkle with additional Pecorino Romano cheese.
• Place entire dish under a broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble.
• Remove from broiler, cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top, sprinkle with paprika and parsley, and serve immediately
335 West Broadway, Louisville, KY, 40202
Arizona Wineries, AZ
Boca Raton, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Worth, TX
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hilton Head, SC
Los Angeles, CA
Mass Ave, IN
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Orleans, LA
Orange County, CA
Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix Metro, AZ
San Antonio, TX
Sanibel & Captiva Island, FL
South Bend, IN
St. Petersburg, FL
St Louis, MO
Tampa Bay, FL