Graphic Designer - Internship
AmericasCuisine is looking for a motivated Graphic Design Intern. This is a great opportunity to develop professional experience, add to your portfolio and gain practical real-world experience being part of a creative team.
AmericasCuisine is a boutique Advertising Agency with a direct focus on marketing for the Dining and Hospitality industry through Print, Web Design, Social Media, and iOS/Android App Design. Our office is located in Summerville, South Carolina. The intention of this position is to give the chosen candidate the opportunity to work on projects and learn from industry professionals. For more info email us at email@example.com.
We are seeking past or present college students who have focused on Graphic Design, Web Design, Advertising Design, or Media Arts.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing some work in print design / graphic design.
- Must be residing locally in the greater Charleston area — if you are a Summerville resident that is a plus.
- Contribute ideas and designs to various projects
- Updating websites with new information, pictures, social media, etc.
- Assisting designers with creating menu pages, and other design related media.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Emailing clients.
- Other duties may be assigned depending on skill set.
- Some office and administrative duties.
- Proficiency in OSX and iOS environments (Macs)
- Knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in designing for social media a plus
- Excellent administrative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Quick learner. Ability to take direction and work independently as well as a member of a team.
This is an unpaid internship. Class credit may be available based on college guidelines.
Interns are required to work in our office an average of 10-12 hours per week (time requirements may vary slightly by week). Hours and days are flexible as we will work with your schedule. We are an 8-5, Monday-Friday company, so weekend hours will not be available. Remote/offsite work is not an option.
If you're creative, motivated, detail-oriented, resourceful, and want to gain real-world experience through interning with a Charleston / Summerville design agency, then we would love to hear from you.
AmericasCuisine, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.